The Affordable Care Act (ACA) continues to befuddle industry. The rules continue to evolve. Use the Government website first in understanding the employer responsibilities.
Whether you are a business owner, tax manager, employee benefits manager or health coverage providers, the IRS knows that you want to understand how the health care law may affect your organization. When questions come up, IRS.gov/aca is a great place for you to begin finding the answers you need – when you need them. At IRS.gov/aca, you’ll find frequently asked questions, legal guidance, and links to other useful sites. You can also access valuable information about specific topics, including rules and responsibilities for employers, as well as tax provisions for insurers, tax-exempt organizations and other businesses.
Resources for Employers and Coverage Providers
You can use social media tools to find information about the health care law.
- IRS Videos Health Care playlist on YouTube
- Are You an Applicable Large Employer?
- Employer Shared Responsibility Payments
- Highlights for Self-Insured Employers
- Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
- @IRSNews on Twitter
Health care tax tips come out weekly, and provide information about rules and requirements related to ACA. You can also browse the IRS health care tax tip archive to read all the tax tips published since 2013.
Pre-recorded webinars covering topics that include the corrections process for information returns, an overview of the employer shared responsibility provision, and information reporting. If you prefer to see the presentation slides, you can view them on the Affordable Care Act Information Returns (AIR) Program Overview page.
ACA Information Center for ALEs – one stop-shop web page with links to an array of resources.
The Taxpayer Advocate Service Estimator tools assist you in estimating credits and payments related to the Affordable Care Act.
Electronic publications covering topics to help your organization understand ACA:
- Publication 5215: Understanding Reporting Responsibilities of the health care law
- Publication 5208: Are you an applicable large employer?
- Publication 5200: What employers need to know
- Publication 5196: Understanding employer reporting requirements of the health care law
- Publication 5165: Guide for Electronically Filing Affordable Care Act Information Returns For Software Developers and Transmitters – Processing Year 2016
Questions and answers cover a wide range of topics related to the health care law:
- Employer shared responsibility
- Information reporting by employers on Form 1094-C and 1095-B
- Information reporting by health coverage providers
- Reporting of offers of health insurance coverage by employers
You can also access a web-based IRS flyer, Health Care Law Online Resources, for links to other federal agencies that also have a role in the health care law.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call at our office, 314-993-4285.
This information was received from IRS Tax Tips Issue Number: HCTT-2016-64.